Resolutions for 2010
I know a lot of people who don’t bother setting resolutions for the New Year because they think it’s a waste of time and at the end of the day, they will just leave that list collecting dust somewhere in the corner and gradually, forget about it altgt.
As for me, I’m quite the opposite. I like to set resolutions for myself, to me, they’re like little goals for me to acheive throughout the whole year. At a certain point in my short life, I didn’t quite bother with it actually. Cause the problem is, I always set quite unattainable goals and without a time frame for me to reach it.
Setting resolutions, you have to be realistic la, come on. Don’t put stupid things like, “I want to go to USA and tour for 3 months” when you’re only going to start working or something. Also, setting a time frame is very helpful as well, it gives you a deadline and I’m sure everyone here works better with a deadline given right? One last thing, set resolutions where it can be measured. Just like how we set objectives for lesson plans!
Also, write your resolutions at a place where you can refer to it as and when to refresh your memory. Preferably your schedule book? Or something like that. Click below if you’re kpo to find out what I’ve set for myself (I’v 2 list. One for work, one for myself) for 2010.
Resolutions for 2010:
- Exercise thrice per week, unless its the time of the month. If not, no excuse! But considering that its a friday now, this will only take place for next week. But hey, I swam for this week already! 🙂
- Count to 10 whenever I can feel my temper rising. Be. More. Patient. (goddamnit)
- TW trip with family in March/April! Of course, accomodation and tix going to be sponsored by both me and cheche! I believe in giving the good stuff to my parents cause they don’t have the opportunity to enjoy all these till now, when we’re both working. And I’m definitely uber proud of myself and my sis that we’re such capable and filial young adults. 🙂 (compared to you. yes la, you.) But this is still under a very early stage of planning and all, still don’t know whether my sis and dad can get leave or not. Also, the overall price for the whole trip. We’re thinking of a 8 days trip cause of the wonderful public holiday!
- A beach trip either to Perhentian again or to Krabi with friends! (thinking of the later half of the year, need to recover from the TW trip right!)
- Learn diving OR canoeing. Canoeing seems more likely.
- Save more plastic bags, bring more eco friendly bags out when I’m out shopping!
- Shop less. Like only 2 new major (clothes,bag etc) items per month! I have too much la! Wardrobe also bursting soon! Besides, its good, I get to save more monehhh.
- Buy a savings plan.
- Learn how to cook at least 3 dishes from mummy dearest!
- A therapeutic baking session once every 3 months! I can be a GURU when comes to cooking by end of 2010 then! 😀
- BE TIDY. Keep things accordingly to where they should belong and have a major tidy up session once every 3 months as well.
- Keep my internet useage per day to a maximum of 4 hours.
And thats it. Shall end the post with another very meaningful word pic which I came across while surfing the internet.
Remember this quote when you’re trying to make a tough decision in Life in the future.